- Lee Warren
For many of us, working life is a stressful mix of bouncing from one thing to the next, just about ‘getting by’ with the volume of work coming at us, and always feeling as if we’re running to stay still. No matter how hard we work, how many hours we put in, we always feel like we’re dealing with the tip of the iceberg, and there’s a lot of ‘stuff’ we’re never getting around to.
Often, emails are out of control, meetings are vague and unproductive, projects are rushed, client demands are missed and our lists are full of things we’re ‘get round to one day’. The result of this way of working is that we live in a stressful, unproductive manner – both at work and at home. Our creativity is limited and we feel, and are, unfulfilled.
The session will cover:
- Why it’s crucial to take control of emails (and other communication software) and how to do it
- How to get through outstanding items using the ‘2-minute rule’
- A simple but life changing system to manage outstanding work, projects and meetings
- How to stop trying to remember all the ‘stuff’ in your life by getting everything out of your head and into a system that works
- Making meetings worthwhile, precise and effective (and often shorter!)
Lee is the award-winning author of ‘The Busy Person’s Guide To Great Presenting’. He’s been a sales director at News International the publishers of ‘The Times’ newspaper, and has also been a professional magician and mind- reader.
An expert in persuasive communication, he’s been a keynote speaker for the last 12 years, trusted by many of the world’s leading brands to help them become more connected, more compelling, and more confident. He’s also the most recent recipient of the UK’s highest accolade for public speaking: ‘The Professional Speaking Award of Excellence’.