- This event has passed.
1-Day Pre PITstop Diabetes Course
October 19 @ 8:50 am - 4:00 pm
1-day PrePITstop key message diabetes course on 19th October 2023
Available for GPs, ANPs, Practice Nurses and Clinical Pharmacists in Kent & Medway working in primary care.
If you are a GP register online here and use the code KENTPREPITSTOP at the checkout: https://pitstopdiabetes.co.uk/product/1-day-prepitstop-key-message-course/
It you are a ANP, Practice Nurse* and Clinical Pharmacist* apply through Invicta Learning here:
*If you are new to diabetes or practice please attend the 3-day PrePITstop foundation course, also available through Invicta Learning.
This 1-day multidisciplinary diabetes course takes the key messages from the popular 3-day PrePITstop course and delivers them in a 6.5-hour programme. It focuses on the core diabetes services and care provision for people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes and emergency management for people with type 1 diabetes. It is aimed at healthcare professionals working in primary care who want to work as a team to improve diabetes services and patient outcomes using structured care pathways.
- Classification and accurate diagnosis
- Diabetes screening for at risk groups
- Day to day living choices
- Encouraging referrals to the Diabetes Prevention Programme and Structured Education
- The oral diabetes medication pathway and related subjects (DVLA, hypoglycaemia, monitoring, concordance, individual target setting)
- Managing illness
- The provision of essential diabetes care using structured care pathways
- Cardiovascular disease prevention, including blood pressure, lipid and kidney management
- The foot assessment, foot advice and appropriate referral
If you have any questions or issues registering, please contact the PITstop team on email@example.com