- This event has passed.
Kent and Medway Mid-Career GP Support
November 9 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Earlier in the year the Training Hub, in conjunction with the LMC, began to map an initiative to better understand the needs of GPs working across the Region, and to provide ongoing support to meet these needs.
The focus was specifically on mid-career GPs, who comprise a critical part of the General Practice workforce, shouldering an ever-increasing burden of clinical and managerial responsibility within practices. For the purpose of this programme of work, mid-career GPs include those 5 years post qualifying but before the last 5 years of their career.
In response to our request, a number of you kindly came forward to offer to meet virtually with Philippa Robinson, Coach and Leadership Development Facilitator in order to help us with understanding what would best support you personally and professionally.
Following these conversations, we have gained a deeper understanding of your pressures and needs. This has led to a number of practical support options that we are keen to make available to you over the coming months. This support includes the following:
1:1 coaching to individuals available on request. Mid-career GPs will be offered a choice of coaches to access, on a flexible draw down basis. A number of the GPs who took part in the need’s calls expressed an interest to take up this offer, in order to gain insight into useful approaches to deal with the daily pressures arising at the practice and in their role.
Establish GP Peer Learning Networks
- Meet 3 times per year for a half-day session per locality. Certificates will be provided to enable you to use this time as continuing professional development. Refreshments will be provided.
- Semi structured facilitated sessions.
- Allowing for peer connection time, support and problem solving
- These sessions will include mini masterclass input (keynote session up to 60 minutes per session based on needs of the group)
Topic based sessions such as preparing for CQC visits, help with pensions and hot topic events will be advertised throughout the year, topics will be based on feedback from this cohort.
- The coaching sessions are available now, if you would like to access these, please email Liz Ward directly. Liz, who is part of the Rebekah Giffney Consulting team will be able to connect you directly with a coach for an initial discussion to get going email@example.com.
- The first GP Peer Learning networks are now scheduled for November 2023 – 3 dates available and GPs can attend which ever date/location best suits them. Please book your place to attend one of these sessions via the Eventbrite links.
- 9th November 2023, 1pm-5pm, The Village Hotel Maidstone. Book your place.
Find the other dates here: Kent and Medway Mid-Career GP Support | Kent & Medway Primary Care Training Hub (kmpctraininghub.nhs.uk)
Please do not hesitate to contact the Training Hub if you have any questions regarding this support.