The CEF Team will identify, lead and champion education and training needs for the multi-professional Primary Care workforce, to grow, support and sustain the development of skills, knowledge and expertise of the staff members now and for the future.
The initiative provides an infrastructure across PCNs that enables interprofessional placement of learning leaders, ensuring sustainability for the current and future workforce, whilst developing a great learning environment that enables best practice, quality placements and excellent patient experience. This helps grow our workforce and enables recruitment, retention and resilience through career development.
CEF Leads work alongside the KMPCTH to inform the needs and shape the support provided to their Primary Care Network (PCN).
There are 3 different CEF profiles:
- Medical CEF Lead
- Multi-professional Clinical CEF Lead
- Administrative Lead/Coordinator
Benefits for the Practice
- Facilitates the development of a learning environment that enables best practice, quality placements and excellent patient experience
- Provides sustainability for current and future workforce
- Grows own workforce
- Enables staff recruitment, retention and resilience
Benefits for the Patient
The ongoing training and development of Primary Care staff helps deliver effective, safe, compassionate, consistent and holistic patient care.